What are people saying about the books here? Let's find out . . .
Cosplay, Costuming, and Careers
- "Whether you are a young costumer/cosplayer trying to justify your hobby as a potential springboard into a career, a parent of a costume hobbyist trying to nudge your child towards a career path that he/she may like as much as his/her hobby, or someone who likes costume crafting and may want to change jobs, Focused Fandom: Cosplay, Costuming, and Careers is a handy guidebook to help achieve the dream of getting paid to do what you enjoy." - Tom Tonthat, SF Geek Culture Examiner
- "If you're part of the targeted crowd, though - if you're a cosplayer, someone who makes costumes, or anyone involved in the cosplay scene, and you're trying to find a job you can enjoy - it's certainly worth reading. I already feel more confident about my job search, and if you're like me, it will probably help you too." - Rob Pleasant, "Whatever I Read"
- "Overall, I definitely recommend checking out Steven's book, especially if you're looking into making this crazy hobby your career." - Yunie, Cosplaybrain
Fan To Pro
- "I was feeling stuck on a project and picked up Steve's book to see if it could push me into more productive action. It did but more importantly - Steve's book is exactly right on career management. Over my career I have used these same techniques to keep my career thriving as well as moving it into excellent directions. Since I was already using similar strategies it is easy for me to see the value of his ideas which were not yet in my toolbox - and now they are available to me. His specificity for people in the fan world is an asset as specifics are always more illustrative than generalities, but if you are not technical or you don't participate in the fan fiction or gaming world his ideas are still completely relevant. Mostly he presents his strategies in a general enough manner to require little or no translation. In more specific examples a little imagination will generate excellent strategies for any industry. I look forward to using Steve's strategies to keep my own momentum going." - Ann Mueller
- "Fan-to-Pro is a book that revels, praises, exults, and joyfully rolls around in the world of fandom. Though he has a background in science-fiction and fantasy fandom (as well as extensive experience in IT and career recruiting), Savage makes it clear that fandom covers any number of celebrated subjects, from the aforementioned sci-fi, to sports, and even art." - Kevin Scott (1st Edition)
- "Ready to learn how to take your hobbies and passions to the next level? Then order your copy of Fan to Pro and let Steven Savage help you chase the career of your dreams." - D.I.Y. Planner (1st Edition)
- "This book is more than just a to do list to get into the career of your passion, it is a motivating guide that helps you step by step into turning your passion into a job. The book is like a helping friend, speaking words of encouragement and assisting the reader by giving a final word on rumors, developing skills, and how to get into the business." - Kevin Apolis (1st Edition)
- "The author does an excellent job of explaining how to turn your fan interests into a career. But he also goes a step further and provides easy to do exercises that can help you start to take steps to make it happen." - Taylor Ellwood of Imagine Your Reality (1st Edition)
Quest For Employment
- "With 40 pages total, "Quest for Employment" is succinct, easy to follow, and recommended reading before starting a job search." - Tom Tonthat, SF Geek Culture Examiner
- "In the end, this book is very helpful in breaking down what needs to be done to get a job. Some of it seems like it should be a no-brainer, but there's a lot of useful tips to help an unemployed person think outside of the box. I definitely recommend giving it a read." - Yunie, Cosplaybrain